Kitchen Garden Guides

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

10 THINGS

Pattie from Foodshed Planet once asked me to write 10 things that people reading the seedsavers blog wouldn't know about me. Feeling in a totally mellow and contemplative mood just now, I thought I would try to think of some ideas on how to answer this here.
  1. My favourite colour is yellow and I hate purple. (Not a very juicy start but I am just working up to it)
  2. I never wear makeup or dye my hair or anything like that. What you see is what you get.
  3. I have always loved historical fiction - that way I get to learn as I read.
  4. Husband Roger and sons Alex and Hugh, and me all share the same surname. We are a family, why wouldn't we? That is something I never understand about some other couples.
  5. Just now is the first time I have been dog-less, ever. As a child we always had 5 dogs at once. It was a squeeze in the car!
  6. I have 2 older brothers and a mother. My father died a few years ago. I have 4 nieces and 2 nephews and I am a great-aunt several times over!
  7. My mother's mother was from Scotland (Protestant) and her father was from Ireland (Catholic) - it was a fiery romance and they were disowned by the Irish side of the family and soon left on a ship for South Africa and then Australia. Maybe this has something to do with why I don't believe in any religion and love the song 'Imagine'.
  8. I am loyal, reliable, honest, quick-thinking, sometimes witty, deep and meaningful and love a good discussion but also totally left-field and fearlessly quirky.
  9. As much as I would love to be otherwise, I am messy and hate housework. I find it very hard to do things I don't want to do.
  10. (Already! This is not so hard!) I am not much into traditions preferring instead to always be doing something differently.

There you go Pattie. Nothing juicy to say that I could think of, after all. Now you (or anyone) can ask me anything you want and I will answer it here. Total indulgence.

1 comment:

Pattie Baker said...

LOVE the detail about your grandparents' romance and how your family ultimately ended up in Australia! And I'm with ya' on the hair coloring (I don't want chemicals on my apples--why would I want them on my HEAD?!)and the housework!