Kitchen Garden Guides

Friday, March 15, 2013

The Synergistic Garden

I love learning. I love discovering new ways of thinking and doing. I love all the things I come across and pass on to those who admit to reading this blog! But, it means I rarely actually write something of my own, except the Garden Guide for the Cygnet Classifieds. But there, I am not allowed to be too controversial; not allowed to rant and rave and not allowed to mention products or businesses, good or evil.

I used to write real pieces on this blog and on The Hills and Plains Seedsavers blog in Adelaide almost every day, sometimes actually more than once a day. I found great joy in writing, I discovered, and my cauldron of words bubbled and churned and coughed up words I didn’t even know I knew!

My father would have been proud of my vocabulary which, when I was about ten years old, he found appalling and set to business correcting. He taught me words he used to spell out as A-W-K-W-A-R-D words; challenging either in their meaning or their spelling. He made learning fun and never, until the day he died, did he stop challenging me with new words.

But, again, I have found a beautiful video to share. I have a lot to say about it, and about how I have been gardening here, compared to in Adelaide. I need to think during the day and bring to the surface of my mind the many facets of gardening that need discussion. In the meantime, relax and enjoy this explanation of The Synergistic Garden.

No comments: